The symbol of the maiden is based on the Greek goddess Astraea. In Greek mythology, she was the last immortal to abandon Earth at the end of the Silver Age, when the gods fled to Olympus – hence the sign's association with Earth.
Virgo spans the 150–180th degree of the Zodiac. Under the tropical zodiac, the Sun transits this area on average between August 24 and September 22, and transits the constellation Virgo in the sidereal zodiac from approximately September 16 to October 30.
Individuals born under the sign of Viro, depending on which system of astrology they subscribe to, may be called Virgos or Virgoans.
In a general sense, Virgos like to feel useful and attempt to fix things quickly while having lots of ideas for solving problems. They have a reputation for being somewhat judgmental, but they'll have good intentions.
Famous Tropical Zodiac Virgos
- Marie Laveau - Voodoo Queen of New Orleans.
- Frederick Santee - American child prodigy and occultist.
- Ivan the Terrible - Russian Tsar.
- Heinrich Cornelius Agrippa - Occultist and author.
- Bernie Sanders - American politician.
- Mary Shelley - Poet and author of Frankenstein.
- Antonin Artaud - French author and theater philosopher.
|Signs of the Tropical Zodiac|
Mar 21 - Apr 20
Apr 21 - May 21
May 22 - Jun 23
Jun 24 - Jul 23
Jul 24 - Aug 23
Aug 24 - Sep 22
Sep 23 - Oct 23
Oct 24 - Nov 22
Nov 23 - Dec 21
Dec 22 - Jan 19
Jan 20 - Feb 18
Feb 18 - Mar 20