Sagittarius (♐︎) (Greek: Τοξότης Toxótēs, Latin: Sagittarius) is the ninth astrological sign, which is associated with the constellation Sagittarius and spans 240–270th degrees of the zodiac.
Under the tropical zodiac, the Sun transits this sign between approximately November 23 and December 21. In the sidereal zodiac, Sagittarius falls between December 16 – January 15.
Greek mythology associates Sagittarius with the centaur Chiron, who mentored Achilles, a Greek hero of the Trojan War, in archery.
Sagittarius, the half human and half horse, is the centaur of mythology, the learned healer whose higher intelligence forms a bridge between Earth and Heaven. Also known as the Archer, Sagittarius is represented by the symbol of a bow and arrow.
People who are born under the sign of Sagittarius are curious and energetic. They tend to have an open mind and a philosophical worldview. As a fire sign, Sagittarians are creative and expressive, sometimes being brutally honest.
They have a great sense of humor and an adventurous spirit, but can sometimes be impatient.
Famous Tropical Zodiac Sagittarians
- Johannes Trithemius - German abbot and polymath.
- Damien Echols - American occultist and author.
- Hélène Smith - French psychic.
- Dion Fortune - Welsh psychologist and author.
- Bruce Lee - Actor and martial arts practitioner.
- Jimi Hendrix - American musician.
- Winston Churchill - British politician.
- Pablo Escobar - Colombian drug kingpin.
- Nero - Emperor of Rome.
- Billie Eilish - American musician.
|Signs of the Tropical Zodiac|
Mar 21 - Apr 20
Apr 21 - May 21
May 22 - Jun 23
Jun 24 - Jul 23
Jul 24 - Aug 23
Aug 24 - Sep 22
Sep 23 - Oct 23
Oct 24 - Nov 22
Nov 23 - Dec 21
Dec 22 - Jan 19
Jan 20 - Feb 18
Feb 18 - Mar 20