The mission of this wiki is to become the definitive, authoritative source for information about esoteric, mystical topics.
On Wikipedia, these topics are considered fringe subjects and related articles are peppered with words like "supposedly," "claimed," and "allegedly." In the Occult Encyclopedia, articles about demons, angels and other spirits are treated with a more open mind. This gives our editors the freedom to incorporate sources that do not meet the criteria for academic rigor among the muggles working with Wikipedia.
- The first article was the article on the occult.
- The first featured article was the article on Aleister Crowley.
- The first featured image was the logo for the Occult Encyclopedia.
- The first featured quote was: "If you're going to be a sinner, be the best sinner on the block." by Anton Szandor LaVey.
- The 100th article was the article on the Six of Cups.
- The 200th article was the article on Saturnalia.
- The 400th article was the article on Egyptian religion.
- The 500th article was the article on shamans.
Becoming an editor
If you would like to become an editor for the Occult Encyclopedia, please request an account from the administrator. We'd love to have your help building out the articles and expanding the knowledge base! Learn more about contributing here: Occult:Accounts
This wiki would not be possible without the hard work by the assistant editors over at Encyclopedia Westarctica. The success of that wiki (with over 1,000 articles published in only three years!) directly led to the creation and success of the Occult Encyclopedia.